Click here to download Mass Image Compressor.
When do you need it?
Situation 1, Posting Images over Internet: You are just back for an exiting trip. You’ve just dump all pics from your camera to your computer and now you want to e-mail to you friend or Upload to your blog. Clearly, you can do that because of image size on the disk will be huge. This is because these images are optimized for clear printings and not for web postings. They are enormous in dimension and unnecessary high quality for viewing on computer monitor. You need software which can reduce quality and dimension. Most software available in market requires you to go to each image and compress them using that software. But with Mass Image Compressor it’s just matter of few clicks. Just give a folder address to the software and, if you want, give precise parameter about resultant quality, dimension of the image and output directory. All your images will be less in size in matter of seconds. And don’t worry, it doesn’t change original images unless you give input and output directory same.
Situation 2, Store to mobile device: Let’s say you have captured many images from your mobile. Mobile also takes images which are very high quality and big in size which you may want to see on your PC monitor. But it’s inappropriate to keep such huge images on you mobile keeping in mind the speed and memory of mobile processor, anyways you don’t see very “zoomed out” version on your mobile screen. Then why not transfer high quality images to your PC and let the mobile have small images? Here, the tedious part, compressing all images is what you can leave on the Mass Image Compressor and save your time and can get faster out of you phone.
Why Mass Image Compressor?
- It’s truly free. It’s published under GNU/GPL which is most popular for real free software. Source code is open to use under this license. If you share this software to your friend, you will not be called a ‘pirate’.
- Unlike other software, you don’t have to go to each image and say ‘compress it’. Just giving folder path (i.e. directory full path) is enough. Version 2.0 now supports recursive folder search and image compression!!
- Compress as much as you want. You have control over quality and dimension (i.e. Compression Parameters) of the resultant image. You can test your compression parameters by previewing an image. It also shows you how much % compression you may achieve.
- It compresses better than your favorite web album creating software. May be you could massage your images before feeding them to those kind of software.
- Supports wide range of images including most popular JPEG, BMP, WMF, TIFF, PNG. (Note: Compressed images will be in either JEPG or PNG based on your selection)
- No Spyware. After all, this is an open source software :)
- Easy to use User Interface without much complexity but yet powerful functionalities.
Where do I get it?
Download from SourceForge: